Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Sweet Annie Boo Boos



And then one day I heard the news
That inside their beat a heart
It was the very start of you.
"Thump, thump, " I'd hear
And you were near...

Inside you grew and tossed and twirled
Still though I wasn't aware
Didn't know my Annie Boos, so fair.

And one morning
Out you came
There you were
Life never to be the same

So sweet and innocent and pure
You'd lay on me oh so small
And look at me that head brow scrunch
That only you can do


And even then I knew for sure
How very special that you were
I thought of you, I thought of me
My "extra special delivery".


And how you grow!
How time has flown!
And how my heart
For you it groans

And as I watch you when you sleep
I'll sometimes say a prayer
I'll stare at you in wonder in awe
And hope you know I'm
there

But more importantly, my Boos
As you grow - and grow you will

And laugh, and play, and dance and sing
Do so in the Shadow of His Wing

For though I vow to keep you safe
I'll never take your Daddy's place

He will love you more than I
You are the apple of His eye

So Annie Boos the fun to come!
My little angel, my blessing, oh!
I'll keep you safe the best I know!
Oh sweetest little girl
Oh little girl of mine
Your tender heart makes me cry

And when one day you leave my side
And off into the world you fly
May you always keep me near
And may my heart not flow with tears

For though I know it surely will
I'll know then to just be still
And let you go and live for Him
And let you soar without a care
For you'll still know that I am there

And forever I'll be glad
That you're my precious little girl
That somehow though I didn't deserve
I got to love and shape and form
A gift,
God gave one December morn

My little Annie Boos
So very young, so pure, so true
With eyes so very soulful blue
Know this my love

I'll often whisper in your ear
I'll often say it loud and clear
Just know however it is said
Tis true
Can I make it known
How very, very, very much
I love you.

No comments: